RMAI’s Board of Directors is comprised of 10 members—five officers and five directors—who are responsible for managing the affairs of the association. RMAI holds elections annually to elect officers, fill open seats on the board, and to approve changes to the bylaws (if necessary). The number of open seats varies each year. Candidates elected to serve on the Board of Directors serve two-year terms.
November 2021: Solicitation of candidates for Director positions will be sent to members during the first week of November.
December 3, 2021: Deadline for members to declare their candidacy.
January 2022: Ballots will be sent to eligible voting members at the beginning of January, at which time voting will begin. Eligible voting members may cast:
- One vote to approve or not approve the 2022 slate of officers,
- Up to two votes for individuals from certified debt buying companies running for Director
Who Can Vote
Certified members who have renewed their membership and paid their association dues are eligible to vote during the annual election. In the case of a Family of Companies, only the Primary Company is a voting member. Membership renewal invoices are mailed out on October 1st each year. If your company needs assistance renewing, please contact Penny Cunha at email@example.com or call RMAI at (916) 482-2462.
Eligible voting members may vote either by submitting a completed ballot via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (916-482-2760) or regular mail. Voting will close on February 9, 2022 at 1 pm Pacific time. Election results are then announced and the new board will be installed.
Pursuant to the RMAI bylaws, candidates must:
- Be an officer, director, or owner of five percent (5%) or greater interest of a Certified Member in good standing.
- Have four years of experience in the purchase, management, or collection of receivables.
- Have purchased a receivables portfolio, litigated a collection case, or collected on a portfolio of accounts in the prior year.
- Have attended the RMAI Annual Conference in February 2021.
- Hold the “Certified Receivables Compliance Professional” designation.
- Currently serve on an RMAI committee, task force, or the RMAI Certification Council or one of its committees (International, Associate, Originating Creditor, and Affiliate Members are not eligible to run for board seats but may serve on RMAI committees).
Members interested in running for a position on the Board must submit the following materials by mail, fax, or email by December 3, 2021:
- A letter of intent declaring your desire to be a candidate
- A candidate statement of not more than 400 words which will be distributed to members with the official ballot
- A copy of a redacted bill of sale or a reference letter on a seller’s letterhead verifying that the member company has purchased a debt portfolio in the previous 12 months
If you have any questions, please contact RMAI Executive Director Jan Stieger at (916) 482-2462 or email@example.com.