Looking to make an impact in the receivables management industry? Consider running for the RMAI Board of Directors.
RMAI is seeking qualified candidates who wish to run for a two-year term on the Board of Directors. In 2020, there will be one (1) open Director seat (for a certified debt buying company) on the 10-member Board. RMAI-certified members will vote to fill the seat during the association’s annual election. Qualified individuals who wish to run must declare their candidacy no later than December 6, 2019.
The Director elected will serve a two-year term beginning February 2020 and ending February 2022. Individuals interested in running for the Director position must meet the following qualifications pursuant to the RMAI Bylaws:
- Be an officer, director, or a majority owner of five percent (5%) or greater interest of a Certified Member Company in good standing;
- Have four years of experience in the purchase, management, or collection of receivables;
- Have purchased a receivables portfolio in the past 12 months;
- Have attended the RMAI Annual Conference in February 2019;
- Hold the “Certified Receivables Compliance Professional” designation through the Receivables Management Certification Program; and
- Currently serve on an RMAI committee, task force, or the RMAI Certification Council or one of its committees.
International, Associate, Originating Creditor, and Affiliate Members are not eligible to run for board seats but may serve on RMAI committees.
December 6, 2019: The deadline for members interested in running for the Board to declare their candidacy. To submit your name for the Director position, please send the following materials to Jan Stieger, Executive Director, 1050 Fulton Avenue, Suite 120, Sacramento, CA 95825 or email@example.com:
- A letter of intent declaring your desire to be a candidate;
- A professional photo;
- A resume/bio and candidate statement not to exceed 400 words in total, which will be distributed to members with the official ballot; and
- A copy of a redacted bill of sale or a reference letter on a seller’s letterhead verifying that the member company has purchased a debt portfolio in the previous twelve (12) months.
RMAI will hold a candidate education conference call for declared candidates the week after the December 6th deadline to discuss the typical duties and responsibilities of board members.
January 2020: Ballots will be sent to members the beginning of January, at which time voting will begin. Eligible member organizations may cast one vote to approve or not approve the 2020 slate of officers.
Eligible voting members may vote either by submitting a completed ballot via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (916-482-2760), regular mail, or by voting in person at RMAI’s Annual Conference. A ballot box will be located in the registration lobby until 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 5, 2020. Election results are announced, following the close of the election.
WHO CAN VOTE
Certified members who have renewed their membership and paid their association dues are eligible to vote during the annual election. Membership renewal invoices were mailed out on October 1, 2019. If your company needs assistance renewing, please contact Barbara Souza at email@example.com or call RMAI at (916) 482-2462.
If you have any questions, please contact Jan Stieger at (916) 482-2462 or by email.