Looking to make an impact in the receivables management industry? Consider running for the RMAI Board of Directors.
RMAI is seeking qualified candidates who wish to run for a two-year term on the Board of Directors. In 2019, there will be four (4) open Director seats (3 for representatives from certified debt buying companies and 1 for a representative from either a certified collection agency or a certified collection law firm) on the 10-member Board. RMAI certified members will vote to fill these seats during the association’s annual election. Qualified individuals who wish to run must declare their candidacy no later than December 7, 2018.
The Directors elected will serve a two-year term beginning February 2019 and ending February 2021. Individuals interested in running for a Director position must meet the following qualifications pursuant to the RMAI Bylaws:
- Be an officer, director, or a majority owner of five percent (5%) or greater interest of a Certified Member in good standing;
- Have four years of experience in the purchase, management, or collection of receivables;
- (Certified Debt Buying Companies Only) Have purchased a receivables portfolio in the past 12 months;
- (Certified Collection Agencies / Law Firms Only) Have collected on a portfolio of accounts or litigated a collection case in the past 12 months;
- Have attended the RMAI Annual Conference in February 2018; and
- Currently serve on an RMAI committee, task force, or the RMAI Certification Council or one of its committees.
International, Associate, Originating Creditor, and Affiliate Members are not eligible to run for board seats but may serve on RMAI committees.
December 7, 2018: Deadline for members interested in running for the Board to declare their candidacy. To submit your name for a Director position, please submit the following materials to Jan Stieger, Executive Director, 1050 Fulton Avenue, Suite 120, Sacramento, CA 95825 or email@example.com:
- A letter of intent declaring your desire to be a candidate;
- A professional photo;
- A résumé and/or bio;
- A candidate statement of not more than 400 words which will be distributed to members with the official ballot; and
- A copy of a redacted bill of sale or a reference letter on a seller’s letterhead verifying that the member company has purchased a debt portfolio in the previous twelve (12) months (for Certified Debt Buying Companies); or
- Proof of collection or litigation in the past 12 months on a collection-related matter (for Certified Collection Agencies / Law Firms).
RMAI will hold a candidate education conference call for declared candidates the week after the December 7th deadline to discuss the typical duties and responsibilities of board members.
January 2019: Ballots will be sent to members in the beginning of January, at which time voting will begin. Eligible member organizations may cast:
- One vote to approve or not approve the 2019 slate of officers
- One vote for each open Director position (4 positions available)
- One vote to approve or not approve the proposed bylaw changes
Eligible voting members may vote either by submitting a completed ballot via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (916-482-2760), regular mail, or by casting it in person at RMAI’s Annual Conference. A ballot box will be located in the registration lobby until 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 6, 2019. Election results are announced and the new board installed on the final day of the conference.
WHO CAN VOTE
Certified members who have renewed their membership and paid their association dues are eligible to vote during the annual election. Membership renewal invoices were mailed out on October 2, 2018. If your company needs assistance renewing, please contact Barbara Souza at email@example.com or call RMAI at (916) 482-2462.
If you have any questions, please contact Jan Stieger at (916) 482-2462 or by email.