Compliance Audit Requirements
The Receivables Management Certification Program is designed to provide three distinct compliance audits to ensure multiple and varied opportunities exist to verify compliance.
- Performed on initial certification application and every three years thereafter upon renewing certification.
- Attestation will be subject to independent third-party verification at renewal.
Full Third-Party Compliance Audit
- Performed by an RMAI Authorized Audit Provider during the 16th to 20th month of the initial three-year (3) certification and every three years thereafter.
- Written notice of the audit will be given prior to the 16th month of your certification, in which the Certified Company shall have five (5) months to have the Audit completed, inclusive of the Audit Committee’s receipt of the Audit findings.
- Audit extensions of no more than two (2) months may be granted by the Audit Committee, in its discretion
- Failure to comply shall result in the immediate suspension of certified status.
Limited Third-Party Compliance Audit
- Specific third-party allegations of non-conformity may be investigated by an independent third-party auditor at any time.
- RMAI will contract with an Authorized Audit Provider to perform the audit.
If you have a question or need further guidance on the Receivables Management Certification Program, please contact RMAI at (916) 482-2462 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.